返回首页|收藏

History

您现在的位置是:首页 >> History

Xuzhou Library formerly known as Tongshan Country Library, was founded on January 1st in 1930. At that time there were nearly 20,000 collections of books. During anti-Japanese war, Xuzhou fell. The pseudo northern Jiangsu administrative commissioner’s office set up a library in Kuaizai Pavilion Park in 1940. After pseudo Huaihai Province was set, the library was renamed as Huaihai Province Library. After the victory of the anti-Japanese war, it was combined into people’s education museum of Jiangsu Province. After the libration of Xuzhou on December 1st in 1948 , it was renamed as Xuzhou people’s education museum. It was officially announced to be established on December 1st in 1949 at the place of the No. 3 City Hospital. In 1976, the new library of over 3000 square meters began to be built at Datong Street, No. 50 (now No. 112) and was open in 1978.The new library was listed as one of the most important 18 projects from 1999 to 2000 during the Ninth Five-year Plan Period by Xuzhou government. New building was laid the foundation on the 18th of November in 1999, which was officially started in mid-December. It was completed at the end of 2003 and was officially declared to open to the public in the 8th of December. The total area is 26,700 square meters and the building area is 21,500 square meters. The main building has two layers and part has four layers. It is designed to have a capacity of 1600,000 books, more than 1000 seats for readers and more than 700 pre-installed information nodes. It is designed to receive 2000 readers daily and borrow more than 1,000,000 documents in one year.